Monday, June 27, 2011

WAITING FOR JANOME.

It's Monday and I'm all jazzed up about sewing after my skirt making class this weekend! I have a new Janome sewing machine arriving today, but my window for delivery is from 10am - 5pm. What kind of ALL DAY LONG window is that? I guess that leaves me to wait and write a post about how I wish I were sewing....

Yesterday at Fancy Tiger, we made a "Flirty Skirt". It's really adorable and easy to make. I suggest you give it a shot! The pattern is by the very talented and generous Anna Maria Horner and is available for free through her site. Just click the big "Made" button on the right and it will take you to her free patterns. Now that I've made this skirt following the directions closely, I'm ready to deviate a bit. Don't you think the flirty skirt could easily be made reversible? Lord knows I love a good twofer. Also, we were discussing in class how cute this would be with a paper bag waist. It will be an easy adjustment and I think that'll be the first thing I do once my machine comes to mama.

The A-line skirt I made is so super comfortable and can be made in a number of different lengths and fits. I prefer this style long. Had I brought enough fabric with me I would have gone for a high-waisted maxi like this one. Next time!


"Flirty Skirt"

Lining of "Flirty Skirt"

"A-line Skirt"

2 comments:

  1. those are both so purddy. i wanna wear them both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your fabric skirt.Your fabric design your better.To get more design in weaveron textile click on this link....:https://www.weaveron.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...