Tuesday, February 14, 2012

DEAR VALENTINE: a video!

Happy Valentine's Day!

Stuart and I made a deal to only give handmade cards this year. And although we both cheated a little bit, adding small presents to the mix, we did make some really fun cards for each other. The best was thinking that Stuart had kinda forgot about the whole pact and then being totally surprised by his card today. And I'm pretty sure I surprised him, too.





I think he liked it. Hope you did too! Feel free to send it along to the Valentine in your life.

Thanks to one of my favorite artists, Sandra Juto, for sparking the idea with a great word cut-out technique. And another big thanks to the fantastic duo, Tiger in a Jar, for inspiring me with their d.i.y. video from last year.



13 comments:

  1. this is so damn cute, Aly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Valentines Day Aly and Stuart! This is way adorable (just like you)!!
    Love to you both and miss you! LOTS OF LOVE - Aunt Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're amazing! Happy Valentines Day to you two in Singers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Leaving a comment made me log-in into Blogger which reminded me that I started a blog the night before I left for Singapore... Well, I had one posting, and only one. Haha. I'm glad you're keeping up with it though.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Jake. It's a lot of fun.

      Delete
  4. Wow! That was awesome! Awesome Aly - that's your new moniker! I'll be sharing this with a few of my favorite Valentines! Love you both! Thanks! Mo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too good Aly.. I didn't that i have artist friend in u...How was the day...Sorry was busy working..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Sami! I'll make you a doodle, how 'bout. Stop working so much!

      Delete
  6. Aly, Thank you for sharing this creative and fun video and special thanks for sharing your love and warmth with all of us. Your emotional generosity lights up my life!!!! Stuart and I are so lucky to have you!!! Happy late Valentine's day! Love and hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow. that is one of the nicest things someone has ever said to me! xo, linda! thank you!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...